Here is a step-by-step guide on how to deposit a 401(k) rollover check into a Fidelity IRA using the Fidelity Investments app:
- Open the Fidelity Investments app and log in to your account.
- Click on the “Accounts” tab in the bottom menu.
- Click on the Account that you would like the check deposited into.
- Select “Make a contribution” on your IRA account page
- Using the “From” Dropdown, select “Deposit checks”
- Input “Rollover” under Type, “Direct rollover” under Rollover Type, and enter the total amount of your rollover check.
- On the back of your check, sign your name and write “For Electronic Deposit only at Fidelity”.
- Click “Snap Check Photos” and use the Fidelity Investments app camera to take a picture of the front and back of the check. Be sure to take a clear picture of the check on a dark, flat surface, in a room with good lighting.
- When you’re finished, hit continue and submit the deposit!
See screenshots below
It may take a few days to process your request, so keep your check safe for about a week until you’ve confirmed your check has been successfully deposited.
It’s good practice to write “Mobile deposit” along with the date of deposit on the front of your check.
After the check clears and you see the funds in your account, keep the check in a safe place for a few more days to confirm there were no issues and then destroy it.
Not sure where your old 401(k) is? We can help with that.
Don’t lose track of your money. We’ll help you choose a new retirement account, and handle the paperwork, for free.