Here is a step-by-step guide on how to deposit a 401(k) rollover check into an E*Trade IRA using the E*Trade mobile app:
- Open the E*Trade app and log in to your account.
- Click on the “Menu” tab in the bottom menu.
- Click on the “Check Deposit”.
- Select the account you want your check deposited into. You’ll also be prompted to add the dollar amount of the check and the Deposit Type (for Deposit type, select “Rollover”).
- On the back of your check, sign your name and write “For Electronic Deposit only at E*Trade”.
- Use the E*Trade app camera to take a photo of the front and back of your check. Be sure to take a clear picture of the check on a dark, flat surface, in a room with good lighting.
- Once the photos of our check are added, hit “Submit”.
See screenshots below
It may take a few days to process your request, so keep your check safe for about a week until you’ve confirmed your check has been successfully deposited.
It’s good practice to write “Mobile deposit” along with the date of deposit on the front of your check.
After the check clears and you see the funds in your account, keep the check in a safe place for a few more days to confirm there were no issues and then destroy it.
Not sure where your old 401(k) is? We can help with that.
Don’t lose track of your money. We’ll help you choose a new retirement account, and handle the paperwork, for free.