Make sure your T. Rowe Price 401(k) is working for you
Making changes to your T. Rowe Price 401(k) portfolio can help you make sure that your investments are in line with your unique financial situation and goals. As a general principle, financial planning experts suggest investors should be:
- more aggressive when you have a long time horizon until retirement, because you’ll be able to ride out market fluctuations to increase your potential for higher returns
- increasingly conservative as you approach retirement, to protect your returns
Before making changes, make sure you’ve considered all of the investment options in your 401(k) plan (your employer usually chooses around 20 options).
We want to make it easy for you to make changes to your T. Rowe Price 401(k) portfolio – check out the guide below to get step-by-step instructions.
Step-by-step guide to make changes to your T. Rowe Price 401(k) portfolio
- Log in to your T. Rowe Price account.
- Click on “Research Investments” and then “Change Investments”.
- You’ll need to change the current investments in your portfolio, as well as change your investment elections for any future contributions to this account.
- Choose “Current Balances”.
- Choose “All Investments”.
- On the right hand side of the screen in the “Build Your Own Portfolio” section, choose Continue at the bottom of the section.
- Select the checkboxes for the funds you want to have in your portfolio, and input the desired % allocation to each of the funds.
- Scroll down and select “Yes” for the “Would you also like to apply this change to your future contributions?” question. Make sure to save your changes, and you’re all set.