You’ve got options in your Betterment 401(k)
Did you know that in a 401(k), you only have access to 20-30 different investment options? When considering whether your 401(k) holdings are in line with your unique financial situation and goals, it’s important to understand all of the options that you have access to.
We want to make it easy for you to find the investment options in your Betterment 401(k) plan – check out the guide below to get step-by-step instructions.
Step-by-step guide to find the investment options in your Betterment 401(k)
- Log in to your Betterment account.
- Choose your 401(k) account in the menu on the left hand side of the page.
- Scroll down to the “Portfolio” section and click the link next to “Holdings”.
- Next to “Portfolio Strategy” select “Edit”.
- Scroll down to find “Design a Flexible Portfolio” and click “Get started”.
- On the “Flexible Portfolio” modal, click “Get started”
- On the “Make sure you know the risks of building your own portfolio” page, click “Continue”.
- Scroll down and you’ll see a list of your investment options. You’ll see the fund symbol (usually 5 letters, such as DODGX, FXAIX, TBCIX, etc.), and/or fund name.